Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I didn't score high enough on the Accuplcr for English so.......

     I have have to take ENG 1010 from Dr. R. Marchant. Cause and Effect at its best. Cause and Effect is used in text to illustrate examples and to imply action. It is a rhetoric tool to show relationship between events or ideas. I have often used the cause and effect narrative tool to explain to my daughter what will happen when she makes a choice. I help her to see possible outcomes. This type of illustration helps her to make thoughtful informed decisions. Sometimes, in spite of my best efforts to influence her thinking, she still makes decisions with negative effects. Six year olds! What can you do?
     Cause explains how different events or ideas come to fruition and analyzes why the Effect happens. I did not score high enough on my Accuplcr test so I have to take Dr. Marchants 1010 class.  What caused me to take Eng 1010 (effect)?

2 comments:

  1. Good summary. I liked the use of your daughter as one the examples. Pretty much sums it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very readable, you used two great examples, and I enjoyed and understood what was written. Great job.

    ReplyDelete